Posture is the way you hold your body while standing erect, lying down, or when you are sitting. It refers to the alignment of the spine with the head, shoulders, and hips.
When you maintain good posture, your spine is neutral, and there is less strain on the muscles and joints. It helps your body to maintain balance, stay flexible, and experience less fatigue. When the spine is in an unnatural position, it causes unnecessary stress on the joints, muscles, and vertebrae and is termed bad posture.
Importance of Good Posture for the Body
- Use of muscles and joints in the right way leads to reduced wear and tear
- Reduces body weakness and exhaustion
- Prevents muscular spasms and strains
- Reduces the risk of arthritis
- Alleviates neck, back, and shoulder pain
Impact of Bad Posture on the Human Body
- Frequent back and neck pain
- Curved spine
- Difficulty sleep
- Problems with digestion
- Constant tiredness
Factors That Cause Back Pain
- Bad posture
- Injuries such as slipped disc, sprain, fracture, muscle or ligament damage, and sports injury
- Infections of the spinal cord and viral infections
- Diseases like osteoporosis, arthritis, scoliosis, spondylosis, and spinal cord tumors
- Stress and anxiety
Tips to Manage Back/Spine Pain and Improve Posture
The following exercises can provide relief to back or spine pain and also improve your posture.
- Planks: Develops balance and strength in your core and back
- Downward-facing dog: Strengthens and aligns the back muscles
- Pigeon pose: Loosens up the hips, spine, hamstrings, and glutes
- Chest openers: Strengthens the chest
- Isometric rows: Strengthens the arms, shoulders, and back
Ayurvedic Treatments for Back/Neck Pain and Improved Posture
Ayurveda therapy for back pain includes detoxification that is done through Panchakarma, which involves five different therapies. This helps reduce the degeneration of the nerves, cartilage, and bones in the back. At Vardhan Ayurveda, we assess the severity of the pain before recommending the most beneficial Panchakarma treatment for back pain.
Ayurvedic treatments for lower back pain and Ayurveda treatment for posture are similar. These include:
- Kati vasti
Regular practice of pranayama and yoga helps to maintain the doshas and enhances flexibility, promoting good health.
Back/Spine Pain Ayurvedic Treatments Available at Vardhan Ayurveda Hospital
Our back pain treatments have been highly successful. 95% of our patients suffering from back pain due to herniated, bulging, or degenerative discs have benefitted from our traditional and curative Ayurveda Panchakarma Chikitsa. Also, our Meru Chikitsa has immensely benefitted patients with spine pain.
What Makes Us Different!
- We have been offering a wide range of authentic Ayurveda treatments since 1999
- We specialize in spinal ailments, chronic illnesses, infertility, skin disorders, ulcers, sciatica and arthritis, and gastro and liver care
- We have successfully treated over 6 lakh patients