Your heart works hard to pump blood through your arteries at the right pressure. But sometimes, things like blockages or tightness make the heart push even harder to move the same amount of blood. This makes the pressure in your arteries go up, and we call this high blood pressure.
Some folks have high blood pressure because it runs in their family. Others who live in high places where there’s less oxygen might also deal with it.
If you’re someone who might get high blood pressure, it’s a good idea to check your health regularly, maybe once a month. If your blood pressure reading is more than 120/80 mm Hg, you should take steps to keep it in check.
High blood pressure isn’t usually deadly by itself, but it can lead to problems that make a heart attack more likely. So, it’s essential to keep an eye on it and take care of your heart.
Why does blood pressure go up?
It can happen if you don’t move around much, eat too much meat, or have a lot of caffeine and alcohol. If you have diabetes or are really overweight, you might also be more likely to have high blood pressure.
As you get older, there’s a higher chance of getting high blood pressure. So, when you hit your 40s, it’s extra important to take care of your heart and stay healthy.
Ayurvedic Herbs to Treat High BP
- Ashwagandha is like a superhero among herbs, especially when it comes to things like high blood pressure. Sometimes, stress can make your blood pressure go up, but Ashwagandha is here to help.
- Think of Ashwagandha as an adaptogen – it helps your body handle stress really well, which keeps your blood pressure just where it should be. So, taking a bit of Ashwagandha every day can be a smart way to manage stress and make sure your blood pressure stays in check.
- Basil is not just a tasty herb – it has special things inside, like eugenol, which is like a shield against bad stuff. Basil can be a good friend for your heart by helping control high blood pressure. It might also make your blood vessels work better. So, having some basil is not just tasty, but it’s also a healthy choice for your heart.
- Cinnamon is more than just a spice – it’s like an Ayurvedic helper for your heart. People have been using it for a long time to help with heart stuff. Cinnamon can be good for managing high blood pressure by making your blood vessels wider and more relaxed, which keeps your blood pressure in a happy place.
- Sarpagandha – a renowned Ayurvedic herb acknowledged for its efficacy in blood pressure management. Sarpagandha’s properties are known to have a calming effect on the cardiovascular system, assisting in the regulation of blood pressure levels. Sarpagandha is available online, making it convenient for you to incorporate this beneficial herb into your wellness routine.
- Brahmi is a super herb, especially for the brain, but scientists are checking if it can also help with high blood pressure. In the ancient Ayurvedic tradition, Brahmi is linked to making your brain and blood vessels happy. But we need more research to be sure if Brahmi can really help control high blood pressure.
In conclusion, understanding and managing high blood pressure involves embracing a holistic approach. From adopting a healthy lifestyle and incorporating beneficial herbs like Ashwagandha and cinnamon to exploring herbal formulations such as Punarnavarista and Parthadyarishtam, the journey to maintaining optimal blood pressure can be both natural and effective. By making informed choices and seeking support from Ayurvedic remedies, we pave the way for a heart-healthy life. Remember, small changes can lead to significant improvements in overall well-being, ensuring a balanced and harmonious existence.